We are the Johnson family from Cypress Texas. We moved into our home in January of 2005 and have been decorating it ever since. Before we lived here we decorated but nothing like we’ve done over the last 10+ years! We do this for our community and friends and we hope you enjoy the shows!
Rachel is a freelance writer who has been published online and in anthology books. In addition she is the Content Manager for Convergent1, a well-known marketing firm in Houston.She is also a photographer who has worked on photo shoots since 2011. Click here to see more about her photography.
Rachel and Ryan were married in 2000 and have been decorating ever since.
Kierstin is our oldest daughter. She is a full time nanny and loves her job. Kierstin lives on her own with her boyfriend Jake (which is hard for Daddy to type!) and she brought our first grandbaby into the world in July 2020. We’re very proud of her hard work, commitment to her career and going out on her own. Along with Jaxen (our grandson), Kierstin inherited our love for animals and has several rats and three little kitties that are every bit her “babies”.
Hayley is our middle daughter. She loves music, painting and writing and is definitely our artistic one! When she was 4 she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes which, as you can imagine, changed our family but also made us all closer.
Hayley’s love of music is varied and she’s been to several concerts with her friends. If you put a paintbrush in her hand she’s bound to paint something… sometimes on the walls of her room! In high school she was the President of the CyFair HS National Art Honor Society and a member of the National Honor Society as well as several other organizations at school.
She started at Sam Houston University in 2020 with a Special Education major. We could not be more proud to watch the young woman she has become.
Riley is the baby of the family, even as a teenager! Like her sisters, she works hard at school and does very well. She is the one that will always play with the many pets we’ve had and is the “momma” of the three girls (just ask them, they’ll tell you!)
Her passion is softball, which she’s been playing since she was 10. When she started she had never picked up a bat and has now progressed so far as to have been a part of several rec league, select/travel and high school teams. She is absolutely our “social butterfly”!
And Our Furry Kiddos…
– Ali is our 10 year old Golden Retriever, who loves her Momma and Daddy pretty much more than anything in the world.
– Jaxon is our 5 year old “mini” pig (no such thing- mini doesn’t mean small). He’s a grumpy old man but he is his Momma’s baby boy.
– Burger and Bobbi are our kitty daughters. We rescued them in 2017 and they’re become members of the family we couldn’t imagine life without.
Our pets are very much a part of our family and it’s been difficult when we’ve lost them. The ones below have gone to the Rainbow Bridge (except Sookie (bottom) who moved on to a family with no other pets; best thing for her!) and there isn’t a day that goes by that we don’t think of them.
– Bridget, our first golden retriever, was our first dog together as a family. She was Kierstin’s 5th birthday present and we couldn’t have asked for a better puppy.
– Sawyer was our ferret (Rachel loves them!) and he was certainly a ball of energy!
– Katzen and Zach were Ryan’s kitties for many, many years. They moved across the country with him no matter where he went.
– Grace was Rachel’s baby, no doubt about it. She was something special and a crazy boxer that made us laugh all the time!
– Bob was a rescue for us and Riley’s boa constrictor. Friends couldn’t believe she kept a 9 foot snake in her bedroom!
– Chips, our chocolate lab, was another rescue from a family that couldn’t keep her. She lived a long, happy life was the easiest dog we ever had.
– Snowy was a rescue kitty who came along with Burger and Bobbi. She was a sweet and funny cat who really took to Hayley.
We had two babies that moved to new homes:
– Boo was Ryan’s medium sulfur-crested cockatoo since 1994. She was all his, although she did let Rachel feed and pet her. When Riley was born it was hard for her to be around so many kids so she went to live with a widower in the Dallas/Fort Worth area who had lost his wife. They’re like an old married couple now!
– Sookie was a black lab mix who was crazy hyper. Because of some things in her past she had some aggression issues with the other dogs when food was involved. She had to move on to a better home for her with no other dogs and has been right at home ever since.